Blackford Platform adds five new innovative applications for medical imaging
New alliance partners sign up with Blackford, providing simplified access to multiple AI and other image processing applications
Chicago, IL & Edinburgh, UK – November 27, 2017 – Blackford Analysis, a provider of medical imaging software, today announced that five new intelligent medical imaging applications are now available through the Blackford Platform. Blackford’s platform is being introduced at the RSNA 2017 Annual Meeting, along with the applications from its new alliance partners.
The Blackford Platform provides centralized deployment and management of artificial intelligence and other image processing capabilities across the healthcare enterprise. The integrated image-processing platform can be easily managed to provide clinical staff with study comparison tools, visualization applications and clinical workflow tools.
The Blackford Platform hosts products from multiple alliance partners on a single platform, delivered by a single supplier, with a single deployment and contract. The platform helps partners shorten time-to-revenue by enabling new algorithms, applications and products to be accessed via a single platform, and provides access to Blackford’s growing installed base of healthcare facilities.
The new applications now available via the Blackford Platform include:
- AI. Analysis – the Change Detector provides automated detection of change when comparing serial imaging studies.
- Aidoc – a deep learning solution that streamlines the radiology workflow, highlighting suspected abnormal cases in the worklist. Aidoc’s technology is trained to comprehensively detect abnormalities by analyzing relevant imaging and clinical data.
- axial3D Medical 3D Print Request Module – a portal to streamline access to medical 3D printing services. Instant 3D visualizations of medical imaging enable instant clinician annotation and ordering of patient-specific 3D printed models.
- icobrain from icometrix – a FDA cleared solution that offers physicians access to reliable MRI biomarkers to monitor neurological diseases such as MS in individual patients.
- The COR Analyzer System from Rcadia – a FDA cleared software application based on unique image processing algorithms for fully automated analysis of stenotic lesions in cCTA studies.
Additional applications can be quickly and easily added, and use of existing resources is optimized, with a central access point for training, support and monitoring of the overall solution.
“We are delighted to welcome all our new alliance partners to the Blackford Platform, ensuring that our current and future customers can quickly and easily access their innovative technologies to improve diagnostic confidence and reduce the cost of care,” said Ben Panter, CEO, Blackford Analysis. “Our experiences in the radiology market made it clear that there had to be a better way for new imaging technologies to be adopted and deployed. We realized that by adopting a platform-based approach, we could streamline the technology adoption process for other solutions.”
“At axial3D, our vision is that medical 3D printing will be routine in the surgical pathway. As a Blackford Alliance Partner, we integrate our 3D Print Module with an institutions existing infrastructure,” said Daniel Crawford, Founder & CEO, axial3D. This removes the bottlenecks associated with data transfer and clinician input, streamlining access to the Managed Service for Surgical Planning Models, making 3D printing immediately accessible.”
About Blackford Analysis
Blackford Analysis is a developer of innovative software solutions to automatically extract actionable information from medical images to improve efficiency and productivity in healthcare. Working with leading hospitals and technology providers, Blackford delivers automated solutions that help healthcare professionals improve diagnostic confidence and patient outcomes at lower cost. Founded in 2010, and with operations in the United Kingdom and the United States, Blackford Analysis is backed by TRI Cap, Old College Capital, and Archangel Investors, one of the UK’s leading business angel syndicates. For more information, visit www.blackfordanalysis.com
Please contact Blackford to confirm medical device regulatory status of specific applications in your region.