Our products help radiologists and other clinicians to increase their productivity and efficiency and streamline communications across the healthcare enterprise.
Any medical image viewer such as a PACS, Advanced Visualization Viewer or Universal Viewer can be enhanced with Blackford Analysis’ products to provide clinicians with a range of features that can be used to accelerate comparison of images.
Our products include:
Blackford Workflow Server™
Streamlines deployment of Blackford’s pre-processing into a hospital IT framework, unlocking faster turnaround times and greater productivity for the radiology department.
Blackford Smart Localizer™ for Philips IntelliSpace PACS
Combines Workflow Server with a localizer tool that allows users to instantly navigate to the same anatomical location across current and all relevant prior studies.
Blackford Custom Solutions™
Allows medical image viewer vendors to tightly integrate Blackford’s features into their products using our advanced software development kit.
Blackford Workflow Server
Dramatically faster deployment via Enterprise pre-processing server
Blackford Workflow Server streamlines deployment of our pre-processing technology into a hospital IT framework, unlocking faster turnaround times and greater productivity for the radiology department.
Key elements of Blackford Workflow Server:
- Pre-processes studies automatically on acquisition
- Removes the need for PACS back-end engineering
- Is 100% DICOM compliant and produces non-proprietary DICOM objects
- Carries FDA 510k clearance
The Workflow Server analyzes images at the time they are captured before they are opened for reading. With Blackford’s advanced registration algorithms, it automatically maps them to relevant prior studies and shares this registration data with PACS for permanent storage. This design ensures that registration information is available to the radiologist the second they open an exam for interpretation and any subsequent time they need to return to the exam.
Blackford Workflow Server is a DICOM compliant, enterprise IT image processing platform that seamlessly integrates into imaging workflow by providing advanced imaging registration to multiple PACS, archive and clinical IT systems. It ensures radiologists and clinical staff has access to the imaging studies and advanced imaging registration information when needed, via the systems and processes they use every day.
Blackford Analysis understands that IT resources are scarce, so IT simplicity is a key design consideration. Blackford Technology uses:
- Commodity hardware: The Blackford Workflow Server runs on commodity servers, which can be physical or virtualized. The complex registration algorithms are written efficiently – no GPU processors are required.
- Standard Communication Protocols: Blackford Workflow Server communicates using familiar, standard DICOM
Blackford Smart Localizer for Philips IntelliSpace PACS
Maximize radiologist productivity while addressing the need to enhance clinical quality.
The Blackford Smart Localizer integrates directly into your existing Philips IntelliSpace 4.4 PACS user interface and enables immediate comparison of multiple imaging studies with a single click. Training is practically unnecessary as the Smart Localizer tool is logically integrated into the Philips drop-down menu and study registration occurs prior to study reading, without requiring user input.
Referring physicians can also benefit from this intuitive tool as an adjunct to static key images when viewing studies with comparisons.
The Smart Localizer comprises two components:
- Workflow Server software that performs automatic volume registration of CT, MR and PET/CT studies prior to radiologist review. The registration results are stored as DICOM Secondary Capture and Raw Data Storage objects on the PACS.
- A localizer tool that allows users to instantly navigate to the same anatomical location across current and all relevant prior studies, or series in the same study, that are in different Frames of Reference. The tool is accessed via a mouse-and-keyboard shortcut in ISP Clients.
Blackford Custom Solutions
For customers who require greater flexibility using our software development kit.
Although the Blackford Workflow Server is by far the simplest way to integrate pre-processing functionality into your product, some customers request greater flexibility. Blackford Custom Solutions offer a comprehensive collection of libraries that power the workflow server and can be integrated directly into customer applications.
We also develop bespoke image processing and registration capabilities beyond those supplied in the Blackford Workflow Server.
How can I get Blackford Analysis in my image viewer?
Contact us today and we’ll advice how you can get your viewer to be enhanced with Blackford Analysis’ solutions.