This is the first in our blog series focused on the benefits of using an imaging platform approach for the deployment of AI in a pediatric care environment.
Radiology departments in children’s hospitals are continuously seeking to improve overall pediatric patient and family experience while reducing the risk of complications. They are also faced with several key operational challenges, including how to improve modality throughput.
Blackford’s single dedicated platform transforms the deployment, orchestration, management, and support of multiple AI imaging applications. For pediatric environments, we offer a solution that addresses all of the above challenges.
Our pediatric solution enables effective workflow optimization that helps improve radiology table time and efficiency while providing an enhanced patient experience, helping minimize invasive procedures and reducing overall departmental general anesthesia time.
Blackford’s pediatric solutions include clinical applications designed to increase MRI and PET utilization. This provides improved image quality at reduced dose and means less time under general anesthetic for your pediatric patients.
The solution also provides access to applications that allow for the conversion of invasive procedures to imaging investigations resulting in improved surgical planning, reduced time in the OR, and helps control cost or improve margins.
Relevant Pediatric Applications
Blackford’s applications relevant for pediatrics includes the following:
- Axial3D, which provides access to 3D printing technology to provide referrers with 3D models for improved surgical planning.
- Cercare Perfusion, which can save time while providing perfusion maps of unparalleled quality for brain CT and MRI.
- CorTechs NeuroQuant, which automatically segments and measures volumes of brain structures and compares these volumes to age and gender-matched healthy norms.
- Imaging Biometrics IB Neuro Suite, which provides access to advanced perfusion and diffusion technologies in a quantitative and automated manner.
- Image Biopsy Lab PANDA*, which provides a swift automated method to estimate bone age, as well as monitor child growth and development.
- Resonance FerriSmart, which can replace liver biopsy with a non-invasive MRI procedure that improves patient experience and reduces complication risk.
- Resonance HepaFat, which provides a non-invasive MRI-based solution for measuring the volume fraction of fat in liver tissue.
- SubtleMR, which can reduce MR scan time by 30-40% while maintaining image quality by denoising or increasing image sharpness.
- SubtlePET, which applies denoising to improve the image quality from low count scans conducted either up to 1/4th of the original scan time or with lower FDG dose, while maintaining clinically diagnostic image quality.
Blackford is the only provider to offer all of the above applications on a single platform. When used together, departments can improve MRI and PET utilization, while increasing departmental efficiency and improving the overall pediatric patient experience.
*CE Marked, not available for sale in the United States