In our last blog on pediatric radiology, we focused on how AI solutions can help drive efficiency improvements. Now we’re going to take a look at how AI can play a role in improving quality of care and patient outcomes in children’s hospitals.
Pediatric radiology departments are constantly seeking to improve the patient experience and reduce risk through better patient outcomes and value-based health. From a clinical perspective, radiology AI solutions can help achieve these goals by reducing dose levels and the time patients spend under sedation. In addition, they can help reduce scan times and the need to rescan or recall patients, while also helping to limit variation in outcomes.
Radiology AI can also deliver operational and financial benefits through reductions in patient length of stay and MR/PET bedtime, fewer excess days spent in hospital, and reduced time spent in theater.
Relevant Pediatric Applications
Some examples of applications on Blackford Platform with particular relevance in improving quality of care in pediatric radiology include:
- SubtleMR, which can lower sedation time by improving MR scan time by 30-40% while maintaining image quality.
- SubtlePET, which can lower sedation time by reducing PET scan times from a typical 25+ minute scan down to about 6 minutes.
- FerriSmart, which can replace liver biopsy with a non-invasive MRI procedure that improves patient experience and reduces complication risk.
- HepaFat AI, which is a non-invasive procedure replacement for VLFF steatosis scoring that can reduce patient risk for infection and increase patient comfort.
- Axial3D, which provides access to 3D printing technology for improved surgical planning and shortening OR time for complicated procedures, thereby reducing sedation time.
Blackford is the only provider to offer all of the above applications (and many more) on a single platform. When used together, radiology departments can reduce overall sedation time, MR & PET bedtime, OR Theater time, rescans and patient recalls for their pediatric patients.
To find out more about Blackford’s pediatric solutions, check out our new whitepaper, and learn how AI can help improve overall pediatric patient and family experience, while reducing risk of complications.
To find out more about Blackford’s pediatric solutions, check out our new whitepaper, and learn how AI can help improve overall pediatric patient and family experience, while reducing risk of complications