This is a unique opportunity to support the VP Partnerships in the continuous expansion of a robust, scalable partnerships function in a state-of-the-art digital business with global ambitions. With accelerating growth, the company now requires a motivated Commercial Contracts Manager (Legal) to build sustainable a futureproof partnerships capability.
What you will do?
As Blackford are pioneers in their industry, the role is a chance to be truly ground-breaking, and further establish Blackford’s market-leading position. Success in the role will be clearly visible and add materially to the value of the business.
Whilst there are strong foundations already in place, there is considerable whitespace to design and develop several key aspects of the contracts management function and contribute materially to the broader business.
The successful candidate will benefit from a varied and challenging role, with day-to-day ownership of all aspects of the 3rd Party & Commercial Contracting. The Commercial Contracts Manager (Legal) will have exposure to all functions of the business and own a number of external relationships, including customers, channel partners, application providers, and suppliers. The candidate will work closely with the VP Partnerships, Craig Flood, who is member of the Management Team.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Day to day management of all aspects of contracting within the business including recruiting and onboarding of partners.
- Drafting, reviewing, and transacting commercial contracts including Amendment Terms and Public Procurement Contracts
- Monitoring & reporting on contract performance and compliance
- Maintenance of Contract Registers
- Advising on general legal queries from the business on commercial, project management, governance, and regulatory & compliance matters.
- Dealing with and mitigating disputes in close collaboration with business
- Support the HR function on the implementation and delivery of relevant processes, law, and company policies
- Limited travel to meet internal and external business partners
Blackford are keen to hire people that share their vision and excitement about the development of their business and who want to play an important role in helping them achieve its full potential. The company, and its leadership, are highly entrepreneurial and having a similar mindset will be key to the candidate’s success.
Candidates must bring energy, self-motivation and have a pro-active and flexible approach. You will enjoy working cross-functionally – engaging stakeholders from across the business internally and externally, demonstrating strong commercial acumen and an ability to innovate.
For this role the successful candidate will demonstrate the following knowledge, experience, skills and attributes :
- Possession of a relevant legal qualification
- Multiple years PQE within a similar legal role in private or public sector
- Experience and understanding of global data security legislation, primarily US and EU (HIPAA & GDPR)
- Understanding of digital business models
- Must be able to demonstrate acute attention to detail and take ownership for their work
- Customer Focus, excellent communication skills, adaptability, and analytical thinking
- Confident, articulate communicator at all levels.
- A strong and persuasive negotiator
- Good time management skills
- Proactive approach to improving system and processes, results driven
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work with minimum supervision whilst retaining a sense of team spirit
- Entrepreneurially minded
- Motivated by scaling an investor backed business.
- Team player
- Strong desire for progression