Blackford is an ambitious business on a high-growth trajectory. To support and accelerate this growth we are looking for an experienced marketer to join our team and help build a powerful marketing unit.
As Blackford are pioneers in our industry, the role offers an opportunity to ideate, innovate and measurably impact Blackford’s position as a market-leader in an exciting and growing space.
To date, we have successfully built an industry profile through our presence at international industry events and conferences, as well as delivering thought leadership content and webinars.
We have established HubSpot to effectively link the different business functions and to underpin marketing and sales activity. We have a clear idea of the institutions and audiences Blackford benefits and a large existing database of prospects and customers.
Our business model involves:
- Managing relationships with clinical application providers on our platform (Platform team)
- Identifying new clinical applications for inclusion within our platform (Product team)
- Ongoing development of our platform (Product team)
- Identifying and managing channel partners to resell our platform to customers (Corporate Development team)
- Selling direct to end users of our platform including hospitals, research organisations, imaging centres and radiology groups (Sales team)
Reporting to the VP Marketing in the UK, the role will be varied and challenging and require a broad spectrum of marketing skills and experience.
We’re looking for a multi-skilled marketing expert who can hit the ground running. You will focus on supporting our sales teams, analysing market intelligence, positioning our product, educating the market, creating campaigns, generating high-quality leads and building awareness of the Blackford brand. There is opportunity to grow and manage a team as the business scales and for cross functional liaison across the company.
Whilst our primary market is the US, we are also actively marketing in Europe and APAC, so it’s important that you have a good understanding of global marketing requirements, nuance and trends. Whilst Blackford has its HQ in Edinburgh, UK, we’re open to a hybrid or fully remote working arrangement.
Blackford is keen to hire people that share our vision and excitement about the development of the business and who want to play an important role in helping us achieve our full potential.
To be successful in this role you will need to be collaborative, self-motivated, focused, analytical, organised, proactive, creative, adaptable and commercially savvy. You will enjoy working cross-functionally and engaging with stakeholders from across the business, both internally and externally.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Multiple years experience in upstream and downstream marketing
- Experience of Account-based and Acquisition Marketing in a high-growth B2B SaaS environment
- Expertise in collecting and analysing metrics and market insights to inform messaging, campaign activity and reporting upon successes
- Experience of working cross functionally with Product, Customer Success and Sales teams
- Experience and enthusiasm in content opportunity identification, ideation and generation
- Expertise of utilising social media to build brand awareness and support lead generation
- Experience of delivering Voice of the Customer methodologies
- No ego and a team player – this is a hands-on role and you must be willing to work both strategically and to get your hands dirty with tactical execution
- Strong project management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- A willingness to liaise with US customers, partners and sales teams and to travel internationally to support industry events
- HubSpot experience and expertise a big plus
- Experience working in the MedTech or healthcare industry a bonus but not essential
We don’t expect perfection…although it’s great if you tick every box! If you feel confident that you cover most of what we are looking for then we’d encourage you to apply
At Blackford, we are proud of our diverse and fully inclusive culture. We want our recruitment process to be accessible to everyone so if you require any reasonable adjustments please note them on your application and we’ll do our best to accommodate your request.