We are looking for an HR Manager who is passionate about people and wants to contribute towards a high-growth business at the forefront of the AI technology revolution in healthcare.
What you will do?
You will be responsible for managing internal HR activities, ensuring an approachable and professional HR service to all staff. Day-to-day responsibilities will be varied and will include a high level of interaction with the team in the UK and US. By joining at this exciting stage in
Blackford’s development you will have the opportunity to further shape your own role as the company expands.
The successful candidate will be CIPD qualified or equivalent with proven experience delivering HR initiatives within a fast-paced environment. You will have the natural ability of creating and maintaining strong relationships as well as a forward-thinking and innovative approach.
Work in close partnership with senior management to prepare and implement HR strategy.
- Provide general day to day HR support on operational issues, with best-fits needs approach
for the business.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with all staff.
- Support a vibrant people agenda, including coordination of the People Forum, engaging the
entire Blackford team and consistently improving Blackford as a great place to work.
- Develop and maintain HR policy, advising managers and provide guidance on HR policy and
- Advise, coach and support management teams, including the senior team, providing advice
and guidance on complex Employee Relations activities or Employment Law, and support
- Nurture behaviours in line with company values, and encourage a positive working
- Monitor all employee records, including contracts of employment, maternity and paternity
requests and absence and sickness.
- Assist in recruiting new team members, ensuring the company attracts, retains and develops
a talented and energetic team.
- Streamline learning and development programmes, ensuring consistent and effective
delivery of training.
- Support all people aspects of ISO quality certification, and demonstrate strong people
standards in response to customer audits.
- Manage the performance appraisal process and align this with salary and benefits planning
across the organisation.
- Establish and maintain appropriate monitoring, measuring and reporting in all relevant areas
of people activity, oversee supporting HR tools and use relevant management information
and data to maximise opportunities and implement efficiencies with the business.
- Participate in, or take the lead in, HR projects or other ad hoc work as directed.
For this role the successful candidate will demonstrate the following knowledge, experience, skills and attributes :
- CIPD qualified experienced HR generalist, adaptable to changing work environment and able
to consistently apply expert knowledge and professional experience in a logical and relevant
- Proven delivery of HR initiatives in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of HR practice and legislative requirements and an understanding of how to
translate this into simple, effective and practical advice and tools.
- Experience of coaching and advising line managers in all aspects of employee relations.
- Data analysis skills, with experience translating into learning actions and plans.
- IT literate with experience of HR systems and software.
- HR experience in a SME business environment.
- Confident leading HR projects.