With accelerating growth and increasing levels of activity, the company is now looking for a Office Manager/PA. This is an opportunity to directly report to and support the C suite and be first point of contact for all staff.
What you will do?
The ideal candidate will ensure the smooth running of the office as well as personally assisting the C-Suite on a day-to-day basis for a Fixed Term Contract of 12 months.
- Perform a Personal Assistant role for the C-Suite – CEO, CFO, COO, CPO including controlling access to the executives, providing diary management, organising appointments and meetings.
- Process and book employee travel arrangements on request in line with company policy and guidelines.
- Respond to emails and phone queries promptly and act as a point of contact for complaint handling.
- Prepare letters, reports, and presentations for management.
- Ensure meeting rooms and office spaces are always kept tidy and presentable.
- Arrange catering and refreshments for in house meetings.
- Maintain kitchen supplies as required e.g., monthly tea, coffee, and biscuit order.
- Regularly check meeting room equipment and ensure any issues are resolved.
- Meet and greet visitors on arrival.
- Attend senior management meetings and take minutes or notes if required.
- Design, implement and maintain policies and procedures e.g., keep the Health and Safety Policy up to date to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of all employees.
- Assist the Human Resources function by updating personnel records, arranging interviews, issuing offer letters and contracts.
- Organise induction programmes for new employees.
- Assist in the smooth running of the site by maintaining the condition of the office, recording any breakages, and arranging repairs.
- Purchase and maintain stock levels of office furniture, equipment, and stationery.
- Act as the General Data Protection Officer for the business, ensuring GDPR regulations are followed.
- Organise staff training sessions and activities, company events or conferences.
- Maintain up to date seating plan and organisation charts.
- Other ad hoc tasks as requested e.g., general administrative support, recording and distributing the mail and assisting with project work.
Blackford are keen to hire people that share their vision and excitement about the development of their business and who want to play an important role in helping them achieve its full potential. The company, and its leadership, are highly entrepreneurial and having a similar mindset will be key to the candidate’s success.
Candidates must bring energy, self-motivation and have a pro-active and flexible approach. You will enjoy working cross-functionally – engaging stakeholders from across the business internally and externally, demonstrating strong commercial acumen and an ability to innovate.
Required Knowledge / Experience
- Proven experience of working as an Office Manager or Administrator.
- Ability to work independently and proactively, anticipating the needs of the C-Suite and ensuring smooth operation of associated business activities.
- Excellent IT skills, including a high degree of proficiency in using MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Efficient and professional approach with the ability to multi-task.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing workloads and priorities.
- Possess strong communication (verbal and written), organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- General willingness to be helpful, enthusiastic, and flexible.
- Must be thorough and pay good attention to detail.
- A good team player
- Edinburgh based preferred
This role is much more than Office Management. As such, the successful candidate stands to gain diverse and interesting experience through the development of the business, working closely with the directors and with a real opportunity for personal development.