An excellent opportunity has arisen to join our Product Development team as a hands-on Software Development Team Leader, leading a team of highly skilled developers in delivering complex development projects, driving forward our platform and associated services product roadmap.
As an experienced Development Team Leader, whilst being highly technical and hands-on capable, you will lead development projects across predominantly Microsoft .Net and cloud based technologies. Managing the successful delivery of projects will require you to plan, coordinate and lead activities across the full delivery lifecycle. This will include working closely with product owners, clinical analysts and other key stakeholders across the business and our customers.
With a strong lean product development and agile mindset you will work closely with other team leaders to develop and nurture best practice product development. Whilst your technical background and experience will ensure you can offer the support and guidance required being able to support and assist developers at code level.
This role offers a great opportunity to further your career leadership aspirations and become a key member of the team influencing the future direction of the product development team and Blackford as a whole.
- Manage the delivery of product development projects from design through to release
- Line management and personal development of a team of highly skilled developers
- Understand and contribute to the technical solution from design through to code level
- Work closely with key stakeholders and across functions to lead on lean agile development
- Co-ordinate activities both within and out-with the team to ensure effective delivery
- Nurture great team ethics and a culture of high quality engineering best practice
- Take responsibility for making key decisions to ensure the successful delivery
- Ensure product delivery adheres to required regulatory and quality standards
Education and experience requirements:
- Experience and proven track record in delivering high quality software development projects in a lean
product development environment
- Knowledge of medical imaging and informatics and associated IT systems is a distinct advantage
- Experiece of developing and leading cross functional agile development teams
- Experience of working within regulatory guidelines such as ISO13485
- This is a hands on role so up to date software development experience is required
- Can-do attitude you need to be a solid contributor to all things Blackford
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with external stakeholders and internal team
- Highly motivated and driven to achieving business targets with a desire to succeed and meet targets
in this role to
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills