Blackford Analysis Ltd (Blackford) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This policy sets out the basis on which your personal data will be managed. You can be assured that your personal data will only be used in accordance with this policy and applicable regulations, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016 and the UK Data Protection Act 2018.
Blackford may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. Please check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on 20 June 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following data about you:
- Information about you that you give us by filling in details on our website www.blackfordanalysis.com or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, Linkedin, social media, in person during onsite visits, meetings and, at tradeshows and events or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and other relevant information.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- If you complete surveys that we use for research purposes, the information which you provide in response to that survey;
- Technical information regarding your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, geographical location, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call us.
What we do with the information we gather
Your personal data will only be retained and processed by Blackford when we have a lawful basis on which to do so¾ to meet a legal obligation, in association with a contract, where we have a legitimate interest or with your consent for a particular purpose.
We require this information in order to conduct business with you, to understand your needs or to provide you with a better service and, in particular:
- For internal record keeping
- To periodically send promotional emails, newsletters or other information which we think you may find interesting, and
- Occasionally, to contact you by email for market research purposes.
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and Website quality improvements. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Providing your personal data to others
We may share your personal information if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Blackford, our customers or others.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we retain.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- when you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by for direct marketing purposes, and
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at the email address below.
Please email email@example.com or write to us if you:
- would like a copy of your personal information held by us
- believe any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, or
- would like to have your data deleted or restrict the way in which it is used.
We will promptly process any such requests, in line with the relevant regulations.
You can obtain further information on your rights regarding personal data at www.ico.org.uk